Friday 28 March 2014

New Zealand v Netherlands T20

New Zealand has won all its matches against ICC Associate teams so far, a record it will strive to keep against The Netherlands

The Netherlands team has dealt with a mixed bag of emotions in the ICC World Twenty20 2014. After being on the brink of exiting in the qualifying round, it won an unbelievable game of cricket against Ireland to qualify for the next stage. Pitted against the established sides, The Netherlands lost against Sri Lanka but ran South Africa close. It will now face off for the first time in a Twenty20 International against New Zealand, a settled and dangerous side.Here is a look at some facts and stats ahead of the match-up:

Facts: 

- 13 of the last 16 T20Is involving Netherlands have been won by the team batting second.

- New Zealand have won all three of their T20Is against ICC Associate teams (Ireland, Kenya and Scotland).

- Against South Africa Brendon McCullum was dismissed for single figures for the first time in 10 T20I innings.

- Martin Guptill has reached 20 in eight of his last 10 T20I innings.

- Ahsan Malik’s 5/19 against South Africa, the best T20I figures for Netherlands, made him the country’s highest wicket-taker (26).

Approaching Milestones:

-  Brendon McCullum needs 21 runs to become the first player to score 2,000 T20I runs.

- Martin Guptill needs one six to become the sixth player to hit 50 sixes in T20Is.

- Peter Borren is in line to become the first player to lead Netherlands 20 times in T20Is.

- Pieter Seelaar is in line to become the third player to represent Netherlands 25 times in T20Is.

Key Battles:

Brendon McCullum v Stephan Myburgh

Brendon McCullum has only had a small involvement in the tournament so far, although his unbeaten 16 against England proved to be a match-winning knock in a rain-affected contest. He was stumped for four going for a big hit against South Africa, but it is just a matter of time before the leading T20I run-scorer. New Zealand's captain has high Opta ratings for power, resistance and adaptability, thanks to his unparalleled ability to score quickly for sustained periods. He showed against England that he can clear the rope when it matters. He has hit 82 maximums in 65 T20I innings, more than anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment